Thursday, May 26, 2011

JOKES FOR WEEK

JOKES

(1) The Army of the Lord

A friend was in front of me coming out of church one day, and the preacher was standing at the door as he always is to shake hands. He grabbed my friend by the hand and pulled him aside.
      
      The Pastor said to him, "You need to join the Army of the Lord!"
      
      My friend replied, "I'm already in the Army of the Lord, Pastor." Pastor questioned, "How come I don't see you except at Christmas and Easter?"
      
      He whispered back, "I'm in the secret service."


(2) Church Bells

A minister was walking to church one morning when he passed one of his members working in his garden. "Can't you hear those bells calling you to church?" asked the minister.
      
      "Eh, what's that?" said the member.
      
      "Can't you hear those bells calling you to church?"
      
      "I'm afraid you'll have to speak a little louder!" said the member.
      
      "CAN'T YOU HEAR THOSE BELLS CALLING YOU TO CHURCH?!" shouted the minister.
      
      "I'm sorry," said the member, "I can't hear you because of those darned BELLS!"


(3) Meeting of the Board

There will be a meeting of the Board immediately after the service," announced the pastor.
      
      After the close of the service, the Church Board gathered at the back of the auditorium for the announced meeting. But there was a stranger in their midst -- a visitor who had never attended their church before.
      
      "My friend," said the pastor, "Didn't you understand that this is a meeting of the Board?"
      
      "Yes," said the visitor, "and after today's sermon, I suppose I'm just about as bored as anyone else who came to this meeting."



No comments: